When it was built in 1905, Island House stood on a small islet called Yuen Chau Tsai near the head of Tolo Harbour, which was connected to the mainland by a causeway. The two-storey plastered building with open verandas is a classic example of the colonial architecture at the turn of the century. It was erected as quarters for government officers and was long associated with the former New Territories Administration. It is now used by the World Wide Fund for Nature as a Conservation Studies Centre.
(Floor Plan is for reference only.)
Please visit the AMO website
for transport and related information on the historic building / site. For further information on the historic building / site, please visit the Geographical Information System on Hong Kong Heritage