Tung Kok Wai, established by the 13th generation ancestor Tang Lung-kong (1363-1421), probably has a history of more than five hundred years. Tung Kok Wai (Eastern Walled Village) got its name for being situated in the east of the Lung Yeuk Tau area. The village was constructed on a raised platform which protects the houses against the risk of flooding. The houses inside the village were mainly arranged in four rows and facing the northwest. Originally the village was enclosed by a moat, and grey-brick walls with towers at four corners. The existing tower over the gate was reconstructed in 1953.
Inside the tower there are four red sandstone column bases and two large rectangular granite blocks. According to local legends, they were remnants of a temple built around the time the village was built.
(Floor Plan is for reference only.)
Please visit the AMO website
for transport and related information on the historic building / site.