Tsung Kyam Church, which is located at the spur of Lung Shan, is a church of the Society of Basel Mission. It was constructed in 1926, and extended in 1951 as the congregation grew. As most of the worshippers lived together in the neighbourhood, a village named Shung Him Tong Village was gradually developed. Two old houses named "Kin Tak Lau" still survive today. They were constructed in 1910, earlier than the church, and were enclosed by a low wall. The door of the main entrance was engraved with characters "Kin Tak Mun". A graveyard for the congregation, opened in 1931, is situated at the back of the village. The church was once used as a kindergarten. It was replaced by a new one in 1983.
This private property is not open to the public.
Please visit the AMO website
for transport and related information on the historic building / site.