The house which was situated at Lot 917 of Hoi Pa Village, Tsuen Wan was built in 1904 by Mr. Yau Yuen-cheung (1865-1937), a village scholar of Hoi Pa. The Village was originally a Hakka mixed-lineage village established during the 18th and 19th centuries. The site, together with the adjacent areas, has now been developed into the Tak Wah Street Park. This remaining old house, built of rammed earth, green bricks, green tiles and timber, is a fine example of traditional southern Chinese village architecture. It is now used as the Environmental Resource Centre.
(Floor Plan is for reference only.)
Please visit the AMO website
for transport and related information on the historic building / site. For further information on the historic building / site, please visit the Geographical Information System on Hong Kong Heritage